Thursday, November 18, 2010

On my way to Palm Dev Day

I'm on my way to the Palm WebOS dev conference.  I'm a little excited and a little nervous.  I'm nervous because I've been reading about and playing with webOS since last spring, but I don't have anything to show for it.  I'm a C/C++ and Ruby developer by trade so I haven't fully grasped the framework and Javascript.  I know Javascript isn't a hard language to learn and work with, but it's different.  Event handling isn't something I'm used to working with.  My natural application space is not web apps, so this is all new to me.  It doesn't help also that I'm in grad school either.

I'm hoping going to this conference will help me put it all together so that I can get my mobile/web dev game going. It's something I've wanted to do for some time now,  My goals for the conference are to meet 10 people, and learn enough so that I can put something together in the following two weeks, so that I complete my goal of putting something our before the end of November.  I really enjoy webOS and I hope that I can help contribute to it's success and this conference is a good motivation point to start and grow from.

No comments: