Monday, November 15, 2010

ESPN3 and my Xbox Experience

I tried.  For almost 2 months I had cable.  It wasn't worth it.  Verizon FIOS is pretty cool, but for someone like me who doesn't watch a lot of TV it wasn't the best deal.  I mainly wanted to watch the soccer channels (Goal TV and Fox Soccer Channel) which used to be part of the basic package.  Not any more.

Lucky for me the Monday after I canceled my cable, Xbox released their fall update.  This added ESPN3 to the Xbox Live experience.  This channel alone makes Xbox Live worth it.  ESPN3 just about satisfies my sports viewing wishes.  I don't get NFL football, but I can get it over the air.  I do get most college football, English Primer League, La Liga, and Serie A football matches which just gives me the warm fuzzies.  The viewing experience is awesome.   I really like it and I look forward to what will be coming with it in the future.

I'm sure one day most if not all of ESPN's programming will be available through ESPN3, right now I get more than enough.  Every day since the update, I've come home to watch something.  The MLS playoffs, the Manchester and Milan derbys, NBA basketball.  It's simply great.

When the Xbox 360 was first released, Microsoft had hopes for it to be the ultimate home media center.  For me with ESPN3 it's become just that.

No comments: