Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today, I cleaned my workspace, started programming my web app, and read a chapter in "I Will Teach You To Be Rich." I know it's late and I should be in bed, but I felt immensely productive and felt maybe I could do one more thing I've been wanting to do... blog.

I've always heard that the best time to do something is now, because in a few hours/days/minutes/weeks you will have picked up something else to do. I've found this to be very true. Ever since I've moved into my new place, things have been piling up and the number of tasks that have been completed has not gone down. I've continued to add things, and find less time to complete them. I'm not sure what's caused it but I've been wanted to do better. With everything I do I've wanted to make improvements. This is something that shouldn't come as new to me but it did. So today, I took steps towards making improvements in my life.

3 Things I want to improve now
  • My Home Neatness and Organization Skills
  • My Personal Finance Skills
  • My Coding Skills
Today I took steps toward improving all of them. For starters I cleaned my desk. Above is what it used to look like and now it looks like this. I got rid of most of the papers. Put books on the bookshelf. Got an external monitor( Acer H233H), keyboard(Logitech Wave), and printer(HP Photojet something).

I'm proud of the progress I've made. Now I need to work to keep it clean.

I started reading Ramit Sethi's "I Will Teach You To Be Rich." I hope to put some of his tactics to use in my fight against the "rat race."

Lastly I started going through the Head First: Rails book. I went through the first two chapters. This summer I hope to build a web app or two. I plan on going through the process and writing about it here.

Don't be afraid to take that first step, even if it's late at night. Getting started is the hardest part.

No comments: